Monday, May 21, 2012

Favourite Foods

Everyone has a/some/shitloads of favourite foods, and I am definitely the sort who has a neverending and ever growing (just like my waistline) list of favourite noms. Whether it be comfort food, savoury food, guilt food, its always interesting to see what peoples tastebuds are passionate about. Today I am going to share with you my top foods that I cant live without.




Pancake Stacks



Plain buttermilk drizzled in pure maple syrup - you just cant go wrong. 
Oh yes, and not forgetting the icecream.....and berries....and more berries....





Sushi



Spicy Beef (or spicy tuna) has such a good flavour combination 




Smoked or Fresh Salmon

...of course, paired with delicious pickled ginger and lashings of soy sauce. 
I am not really a fan of wasabi. 

And if you have not noticed, I also don't support the idea of avocado in sushi making. More on that at a later date.



Vietnamese Pho (pronounced furr)

Phở is a vietnamese noodle soup, usually served with beef (phở bò) or chicken (phở gà). The soup includes noodles made from rice and is often served with asian basil, mint leaves, lime, and bean sprouts that are added to the soup by the person who is dining. The dish is associated with the city of Hanoi, where the first phở restaurant opened in the 1920s.




Still one of my dreams to visit Vietnam one day JUST SO I can try a true blue pho.
Picture this : bowl in hand, asian squatting like a boss by the side of a road. 
Confoodcius say YES!




Yum Cha/Dim Sum


If you aint not had yumcha before, then shits going down man! MISSIN OUT!

Yumcha, as far as I understand, has Hong Kong origins and was a social way to lunch together be it with family or business associates. Trolleys of steaming hot baskets filled with oily but so delicious offerings, such as prawn dumplings and steamed buns, would trawl the aisle of the restaurant bringing the food to you. Kind of like an asian style buffet but table service. Always a place with good vibes and usually isnt too expensive. My favourite is Regal on Roe (Northbridge, Western Australia) just because the old auntie owner there is so cute and friendly. An overflowing stomach comes to about $20 +/- per head including desserts and drinks. 

My other recommendation is Xin Tian Di on Francis St. My japanese bosses from work took us there for a staff christmas lunch and that was good too, however, a little on the steeper side. More variety there though, especially desserts.

So yeah that about wraps up a quick summary of things I love. Of course there are many more but this is just a start. Definitely will be reviewing any great versions of these should I come across some good gems in Perth!



No comments:

Post a Comment